Food Services employs approximately 300 full time employees and over 1100 student employees. We are always looking for talented and dedicated individuals to become a part of our award-winning team!
Applications can be submitted online at www.hr.uga.edu, or in person at the Georgia Department of Labor, 150 Evelyn C. Neely Drive, Athens, GA 30606 (Office Hours: 8:00-4:30).
Food Services offers many benefits to students — award-winning food and a friendly work environment are just a couple of them! Some of the excellent benefits of a job with UGA Food Services include:
- The student employee wage is $7.90/hour with the opportunity for a merit based raise during student employee evaluations.
- A free meal is provided for every four-hour shift you work. For meal plan patrons, a meal plan reimbursement is paid each semester for meals you ate while at work as long as you meet the qualifications.
- You can earn real work experience to put on your résumé and a valuable reference for a job well done. The customer service, teamwork, time management, and multitasking skills you will learn with us will be valuable no matter what career path you seek.
- Work schedules are compatible with course load and convenient work locations are within walking distance to all campus activities and residential facilities.
- For those who are interested, opportunities for advancement and more leadership experience are available through our student management program.
Student employees can qualify for industry-sponsored scholarships.So why not work in a fun environment that gives you a chance to learn? You just might learn to cook, discover a new career path, and make lifelong friends in the process!
Contact our Student Employment Specialist, by phone at 706-352-9063 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions!