Food Services employs approximately 300 full time employees and over 1100 student employees. We are always looking for talented and dedicated individuals to become a part of our award-winning team!
Applications can be submitted online at www.hr.uga.edu, or in person at the Georgia Department of Labor, 150 Evelyn C. Neely Drive, Athens, GA 30606 (Office Hours: 8:00-4:30).
Food Services offers many benefits to students — award-winning food and a friendly work environment are just a couple of them! Some of the excellent benefits of a job with UGA Food Services include:
- The student employee wage is $7.60/hour with the opportunity for a merit based raise during student employee evaluations.
- A free meal is provided for every four-hour shift you work. For meal plan patrons, a meal plan reimbursement is paid each semester for meals you ate while at work as long as you meet the qualifications.
- You can earn real work experience to put on your résumé and a valuable reference for a job well done. The customer service, teamwork, time management, and multitasking skills you will learn with us will be valuable no matter what career path you seek.
- Work schedules are compatible with course load and convenient work locations are within walking distance to all campus activities and residential facilities.
- For those who are interested, opportunities for advancement and more leadership experience are available through our student management program.
Student employees can qualify for industry-sponsored scholarships.So why not work in a fun environment that gives you a chance to learn? You just might learn to cook, discover a new career path, and make lifelong friends in the process!
Ready to apply? If you are interested in Fall semester employment, grab your class schedule and fill out our Fall semester application.
Contact our Student Employment Specialist, by phone at 706-352-9063 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions!